In this web-based research activity, you will learn, among other things:
This activity is a learning activity in anticipation of class discussions about copyrights and how they affect our projects. Your goal is to find out as much as you can about copyrights in the time allotted. Answer the questions, and be prepared to discuss your findings in class.
To help you, we have provided some links:
Using Copyrighted Works
Digital Millennium Copyright Act- Overview
Using the above links, answer the following questions: (hint: the answers are not necessarily in the same order they are presented in the links pages)
1. What things does a copyright cover?
2. When is a copyright registered?
3. How long does it last?
4. What happens to the copyright when someone dies?
5. What about the Internet, how are creative works protected?
6. How are copyrights enforced overseas?
7. What are Patents & Trademarks?
8. Name three considerations affecting the Internet covered in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
9. What are the implications of copyrights for our
English; Social Studies
How you will be graded
Each student will receive participation points for completing the questions.
Patent Law - An Overview
Video(s) shown in class